Shrewsbury SY1 1SZ
Salary: £16,500.00 to £18,500.00 /year
Chef de Partie / Kitchen Assistant – CSONS, Shrewsbury
Working closely with our General Manager & Sous Chef, this role involves assisting in the day to day running of the kitchen at the extremely busy and well known CSONS in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
Our food is different; we use the best locally sourced produce and treat it with the respect it deserves by creating simple, unpretentious, globally inspired and exciting dishes that shout about the ingredients, reflect the seasons and are full of flavour.
As well as having input into the amazing, ever changing menu, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and flavour of our dishes are consistently served to the high standards we are known for.
You will be also be expected to adhere to all aspects of food hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen and be motivated to work within the team.
At CSONS we expect our team to be flexible, extremely hard working and professional but we also believe that work should be fun and inclusive. The ideal candidate will be a well organised team player who genuinely loves food and local produce. Experience in a commercial kitchen environment and a strong knowledge of cooking techniques and styles goes without saying!
- Work with management to deliver food to the standard required at CSons.
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared to the recipe instructions.
- Ensure all prep and finished dishes are up to standard before they reach the customer.
- Deliver ordered food to the pass within expected industry time and to standard.
- Make sure customers are wowed by flavour and presentation.
- Cover any other duties and roles required in the head chefs absence.
Ordering and Stock control
- Work with management to manage stock, ensuring that food is not over prepped and prepped to serving quantities to ensure prep runs out at the end of a dish.
- Manage ordering and prep to ensure there is little waste.
- Help with ordering of ingredients, ensuring that all ingredients necessary for the menu are ordered and sourced from approved suppliers.
Hygiene / Health & safety
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and adheres to the highest standards expected from the EHO
- Keep records, including all cleaning rotas, date labels, stock rotation and fridge temperature.
- Ensure you are up to date with your food hygiene certificate.
- Ensure all regular kitchen maintenance is carried out eg hoovering fridge fans, putting salt in the machines.
- Report any repairs when necessary and remedy any problems if achievable.
- Communicate and work directly with management to ensure that staff morale is high. Communicate any staff issues with management as soon as they are raised.
- Work within our climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers both in the Kitchen and with FOH.
- Positively promote CSons and be passionate about it..
- Be aware of ingredient costs and ensure that company food margins are maintained.
Job Type: Full-time although a part-time role could be considered
Part-time hours: 24-47 per week