Ludlow SY8 1EG
Salary: £18,000.00 to £20,000.00 /year
We strive to sell the tastiest food in town and work with amazing local producers to achieve this. Basically we love food and creating flavour, so let’s be honest, it helps if you do to!
Our food is different; we use the best locally sourced produce and treat it with the respect it deserves by creating simple, unpretentious, globally inspired and exciting dishes that shout about the ingredients, reflect the seasons and are full of flavour.
Working as part of the kitchen team at our extremely busy, well known restaurant in Ludlow, Shropshire you will be involved in all aspects of preparing and serving our amazing food.
We have an ethos at CSONS where everyone mucks in where they are needed, so don’t be fooled into thinking you won’t have to help on washup and with cleaning if needed too.
We expect our team to be flexible, extremely hard working and professional but we also believe that work should be fun and inclusive. We’re not going to lie, CSONS is a busy restaurant and this role will require you to stay focused, happy and professional in a high paced, potentially stressful environment. So yeah it’s hard work and you’ll be expected to work some evenings and most weekends, but were a great team that also has fun while we work!
The ideal candidate will be a team player who shares our passion for flavour, food and local, seasonal produce, so if you think you’ve got what it takes, give us a call, we’re pretty exited to hear from you!
CSONS Chef de Partie Responsibilities;
- Work with sous and head chef to deliver food to the standard required at CSONS.
- Prepare dishes to recipes making sure dishes are perfect every time.
- Proactively make suggestions to management for menu ideas with CSONS ethos ‘locally sourced, globally inspired’ at the heart of any new creations.
- Ensure all prep and finished dishes are up to standard before they reach the customer.
- Deliver ordered food to the pass within expected industry time and to standard.
- Make sure customers are wowed by flavour and presentation.
- Communicate with FOH to ensure they are informed and educated with regard to menu items and ingredients.
Ordering and Stock control
- Be aware of stock levels and communicate with management to ensure that food is not over prepped and prepped to serving quantities to ensure prep runs out at the end of a dish.
- Seek out new suppliers who’s quality and ethos matches our own.
- Advise management low or high stock issues you may notice.
Hygiene / Health & safety
- Support management to ensure the kitchen is clean and adheres to the highest standards expected from the EHO
- Complete records, including all cleaning rotas, date labels, stock rotation and fridge temperatures as directed.
- Be aware of CCPs and work within these.
- Understand allergens and their dangers, which recipes they are in and how to avoud cross contamination.
- Carry out regular kitchen maintenance as directed by management eg hoovering fridge fans, putting salt in the machines.
- Report any repairs when necessary and remedy any problems if achievable.
- Assist with other cleaning duties as and when required.
- Positively promote CSONS and be passionate about us.